The Excellence in Teaching and Learning Project is a professional development initiative that supports the College’s vision of putting learning first and promoting the continuous improvement of educational programs and services offered to students and stakeholders. Because we see professional development as both student-centered and faculty-driven, the project strives to provide support to educators at all our campuses who seek fulfillment and challenge in their work and who are continually improving their delivery of information and lifelong skills to students as adult learners.
Goals of the Excellence Project
- To encourage faculty to strive for excellence in teaching and learning.
- To support innovation in the teaching and learning process.
- To mentor and support new and returning faculty, both full- and part-time.
- To provide communication among all campuses within the College with regard to professional development, as well as the general activities important to a community of learners.
- To be a renewable and dynamic source of resources for professional development.