Course Description Search
NET 211 - Microsoft Windows 7
Students in this course will learn how to set up and support MS Windows 2000 operating system. Students will gain experience in installing administering and troubleshooting this desktop environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Install MS Windows 2000 Professional
- Administer access to shared files, folders, and printers.
- Configure and manage hardware devices, drivers, network adapters, and related hardware.
- Troubleshoot Windows 2000 desktop environment --- including user profiles, desktop settings, and other services.
- Implement TCP/IP network protocol.
- Explain data and system security through Group Policy, Encryption of Files system, local shares and accounts.
Prerequisite or Co-requisite: Network Communication (NET 110)