Course Description Search
IMM 122 - Programming for the Web
In this course Web developers learn to add dynamic content and interactive elements to Web pages using scripting languages with an emphasis on PHP. Learn how to write and embed PHP into HTML. Design a relational database system using MySQL and connect to it using PHP. E-commerce issues such as user authentication how to securely gather transmit and store data will also be addressed. Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Describe scripting languages, their purpose and how to integrate them into HTML.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using various scripting languages.
- Write scripts using string, numeric, Boolean variable types, expressions and arithmetic operators.
- Write user-defined functions.
- Define and use objects, properties, methods and events.
- Incorporate conditional and repetition structures into scripts.
- Test and debug scripts.
- Design and create a relational database using MySQL,
- Add, edit, delete and search records in a MySQL database from the web within PHP.
- Describe e-commerce security issues.
- Implement user authentication with PHP and MySQL.
- Implement secure transactions with PHP and MySQL.
Prerequisite: IMM 120 Web Page Development and DPR 108 Introduction to Computer Science
3 hours each week 3 credits