Course Description Search
HMT 102 - Survey of Laws and Regulations II
This course provides an in-depth study of the Environmental Protection Agency regulations for hazardous waste including RCRA CERCLA, TSCA, FIFRA and clean air, land and water issues. Emphasis is placed on developing methods and strategies to ensure regulatory compliance.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of a hazardous waste.
- List those wastes covered under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Develop a record keeping and reporting program.
- Identify the regulations applicable to hazardous waste operations.
- Cite permits required to operate hazardous waste management facilities.
- Identify RCRA enforcement provisions.
- Cite the response actions authorized under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA).
- Describe the legislation associated with materials management programs.
Prerequisite Survey of Laws and Regulations I (HMT 100).
3 hours lecture each week 3 credits