Course Description Search
BDM 200 - Basic Plumbing
This course presents the elementary concepts necessary for installation and maintenance of the plumbing system. Students will become acquainted with the Code requirements and appropriate materials used today in installation.
Upon successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- Determine the appropriate size of copper pipe.
- Prepare and solder copper pipe in sizes up to 1-1/2".
- Identify and size the various branches of DWV systems.
- Prepare and apply various types of plastic pipe.
- Rough-in dimensions for a kitchen, bath and plumbing system.
- Produce sketches necessary to secure a plumbing permit.
- Repair leaks in supply and drainage piping.
- Explain the plumbing codes.
1 hour lecture, 2 hours laboratory each week 2 credits