PLEASE CLICK ON NURSING ASSISTANT COURSE INFORMATION ON THE RIGHT TO GET THE MOST RECENT SCHEDULE.
Dear Prospective Nursing Assistant Student:
Thank you for your interest in our Nursing Assistant Course here at Delaware County Community College. Our AHN 200 Course is our Pennsylvania State approved Nurse Aide Training Program. To enroll in this course to become a Nurse Aide, students must contact the Allied Health and Nursing Department to inform them of your interest in the program. Please leave your name, address, reachable telephone number, the semester in which you wish to enroll, and the campus you prefer. Next, we offer the Nurse Aide Courses at the Southeast Center and the Chester County Hospital Rhoads Education Building in West Chester, PA
The following documents are Required and must be complete Prior to Enrolling into the AHN 200 Course:
1. A completed Delaware County Community College Application
2. Criminal History Record Check:
COMPLETE IF YOU HAVE LIVED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS
Criminal History Record Check from the PA State Police- To complete your criminal background check online, please visit the following website- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Before existing the Pennsylvania Patch System- Click on-
PRINT CERTIFICATION FORM (this has the Pennsylvania State Seal which is the mandatory document needed to enroll in the program)
(If you decide to mail in the Criminal Record Check form- Please note that this takes longer and the online method is preferred.)
- FBI CHECK- COMPLETE IF YOU HAVE NOT LIVED IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS
3. Pre-Entrance Medical Verification Form
- This form is to be completed by your primary physician or nurse practitioner. All information must be completed (2 page form.) -See Medical Form Link
- A 2 step Mantoux test (PPD)
- If you have a Positive PPD Test then you must have a Clear Chest X-Ray
4. Medical Insurance
- You must have proof of current health insurance coverage. (Proof of medical insurance is mandatory.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Program Assistant at 610-359-5029 or email@example.com. If you are currently a Nursing Assistant and you would like to enroll in the Patient Care Assistant Courses here at the College, please contact our department as well.
Sharvette Law Philmon, MSN, RN
Assistant Dean, Allied Health & Nursing Dept.