- AET is field of study with certificate and associate degree options that meet the educational and training needs of our students, preparing them to compete and contribute in a regional workforce and a global society.
- We offer AET associate degree programs in:
Certificate programs are available for those who wish to enter the workforce as soon as possible and return to their educational program after finding employment.
Transfer agreements exist with four-year universities for those wishing to complete the two-year degree and then continue on to receive a four-year degree. Partners include:
- Machine Tool Technology
- Automated Manufacturing/Robotics Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Nanofabrication Manufacturing Technology
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Energy Technology
Students who attend a Career Pathway Partner High School can earn up to 16 college credits from DCCC that can be applied to one of our AET majors in different configurations. Whether or not these credits transfer to another institution is the decision of that institution.
Proficiency in advanced math and science is critical to your success.
Students are trained for high-tech, high-paying positions that cut across all manufacturing industries. Starting salaries with a bachelor's degree range from $38,000 - $50,000 plus benefits. Salaries with an associate degree are in the $30,000 - $36,000 range plus benefits and graduates with a certificate earn between $12.00 - $14.00 per hour.
Some current job titles include: Applications Engineer; Product Engineer; Designer; Manufacturing Engineer; Industrial Systems Technician; CNC Machinist; System Project Engineer; Quality Control Engineer; Design Detailer; Development Engineer; Staff Engineer; Process Operator.
- Penn State University
- California University of Pennsylvania
- Widener University
- Drexel University
- DeVry University
- Neumann University
- Temple University
To find out more contact ...
The Applied Engineering Technology Department
For a brief overview, download our AET Flyer!